Martin MeckesheimerDirector of Global Projects & Solutions
Martin Meckesheimer is an Industrial Statistician specializing in Data Analysis and Information Visualization. He currently manages a team of Food Technologists in Professional Services at Sensitech. The team leverages advanced data analysis and field work capabilities to provide customer focused Supply Chain Visibility. Prior to joining Sensitech in 2010, he was a member of the Applied Statistics Group at Phantom Works Boeing for over 8 years. He received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of Pittsburgh in 1997, a Master's Degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering from Ecole Centrale Paris in 1999, and earned a Doctorate in Industrial Engineering from The Pennsylvania State University in August 2001.
This presentation will evaluate the collection of data in real-time, as well as best practices associated with its value for decision making at the shipment and at the strategic levels.
- Address problems at the shipment level before they escalate – know the what, where, when, and why
- Understand where to focus resources to increase carrier performance
- Improve performance and reduce costs by analyzing lane performance over time
- Never lose sight of a shipment brokered to a third-party
- Implement geo-fences, red zones, and driver tracking to ensure that SOPs are being followed