Mark EdwardsManaging Director
Project Poseidon have been working hard to harness and hone the collaborative skills that have been so successfully employed in other industry sectors, to bring the industry’s most enlightened and forward-thinking organisations together to develop and implement a ground-breaking global pharma sea freight service.
Hear the details of the brand new initiative first in this ground-breaking session.
2:20 PM ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS:
Simply choose the roundtable topic of most interest to you and join the discussion! These sessions are open, informal and a great opportunity to really gauge what your peers are planning and to share ideas and lessons learned. You will walk away with tangible ideas on how to solve your biggest challenges.
1. Transporting Sensitive and High Value Shipments at Sea
2. Liability, Insurance and Security
3. Passive Packaging for Sea Freight?
4. The Importance of Collaboration for Sea Freight Transportation
5. Maintaining Temperature Control at the Port
6. Ocean freight optimization through (internal) consolidation and (horizontal) collaboration
2:55 PM Liability at Sea
Liability is a very tricky area and all parties are struggling to come to terms with each other’s needs. There are differing interpretations of the same rules (eg is the limit of liability per item shipped based on the number of pallets, vials, tablets, etc since each of these would produce a hugely different liability limit.) In this session:
• Understand the varied and complex international laws, rules and regulations governing shipping lines (such as Hague Visby or USCOGSA) which determine their liability and any limits to that liability
• Determine why in most cases the limit of shipping line liability is based on the number of packages declared on the Bill of Lading, not on the value of the cargo carried
Tomorrow’s expert speakers prepare you for the Sea Freight Focus Day with an overview of the most important factors to consider when switching to sea freight. Ask questions, and get yourself ready for tomorrow!
• Take part in a quick-fire Q&A with regulatory experts
• Hear the details of what you will learn tomorrow and make sure you’re prepared to make the most of the expertise on offer!
- Discover the details of the first ever integrated end-to-end sea freight logistics service for pharmaceuticals
- Hear about the companies that are already involved and how they are participarting
- Learn about the multiple benefits of using sea freight to transport your products