Conference Day 2
8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration and Morning Coffee
9:00 am - 9:10 am Chairman’s Recap of Day One
9:00 am - 9:30 am WORLD HEALTH: Keeping Inoculations Cool in Africa with Public-Private PartnershipsHarvey Rubin - Founder Energize the Chain
For vaccination in the developing world – in particular, the ‘last mile’ hurdle of temperature control, something that can
be problematic when it comes to carrying out clinical trials in these areas – Harvey Rubin is a man with a plan. He explains how his not-for-profit organisation is harnessing the power of mobile phone towers to help overcome one of the toughest challenges in healthcare….
Energize the Chain
9:30 am - 10:00 am Optimising Lane Qualification with All Supply Chain Stakeholders in Challenging Shipping EnvironmentsLuiz Alberto Barberini - Head of External Manufacturing LatAm Bayer
• Understand why Brazil’s vast geography and lacking infrastructure pose a unique challenge for logistics professionals – and why shipping from South to North Brazil brings road blocks never seen in other countries
• Discover how these issues can be mitigated through smart supply chain management, streamlines logistics, and open communication with supply chain partners
• Qualify solution that worked for Brazil into your global operations.
• Discuss how to establish a governance model that strives to minimise stress in the relationship and create value
Luiz Alberto BarberiniHead of External Manufacturing LatAm
10:00 am - 10:30 am Ocean freight optimization through (internal) consolidation and (horizontal) collaborationRomain Schollaert - Global Freight Solutions Director + Site Director, Baxter Distribution Center Europe Baxter International
Romain SchollaertGlobal Freight Solutions Director + Site Director, Baxter Distribution Center Europe
10:30 am - 10:40 am Market Insights: Optimising the Path from Lab to Patient
- Hear insights from Pharma IQ’s latest industry research on temperature controlled logistics
- Locate key trends being deployed in the market to upgrade supply chains and reduce inefficiencies
- Discover tips from worldwide pharma logistics experts on hot topics such as verifying validation testing with packaging, stability budgets and the last mile
10:45 am - 11:30 am Networking Coffee Break
Before you can confidently ship your products, you need to have plans in place to ensure their secure and efficient transportation. This stream is designed to help you develop seamless transportation strategies for your temperature controlled products.
Pre & Early-Transportation11:30 am - 12:00 pm CASE STUDY: Qualification Testing of Refrigerated Road Transport Equipment Leo Lukasse - Specialist Climate Control Wageningen UR
• Determine the key factors that affect temperature homogeneity
• Assess the opportunities and limitations to testing transport equipment in temperature-controlled climate chambers
• Learn robust temperature validation and qualification techniques
Leo LukasseSpecialist Climate Control
Pre & Early-Transportation12:05 pm - 12:35 pm Managing Key Success Factors for Biopharmaceutical CMO Labeling & Packaging Services Jörg Grigo - Director Grünenthal
• Understand how the role of the cold chain in biopharma labeling & packaging for temperature-sensitive biomaterials plays a vital role in supplying new drugs to the market
• Look at strategies for mitigating risk and minimizing yield losses in the biomaterial value chain
• Analyse business processes to ensure both serialization requirements and business continuity for the supply of biopharmaceutical products
Challenges can arise at any point along the temperature controlled supply chain. Temperature excursions are avoidable – this stream will help you ensure your products are 100% protected!
During Transportation11:30 am - 12:00 pm BEST PRACTICE DISCUSSION: BPOG’s Collaborative Best-Practice Strategy for Temperature Controlled Storage and Transportation Kim Bang Salling - Transport Validation, Shipping & Customer Service, Supply Chain Planning Novo Nordisk
Roman Mijnhart - Sr.Director Global Supply Chain Quality Genzyme Europe
• Discover what 11 pharmaceutical companies involved in the working group have collaboratively determined to be the best-practice strategies for shipping lane and equipment validation
• Uncover potential solutions to you storage and transportation challenges with an interactive Q&A opportunity featuring the expertise and experience of 11 big and small pharma manufacturers
• Benchmark your current strategies with the collective strategies of all the involved parties
Kim Bang SallingTransport Validation, Shipping & Customer Service, Supply Chain Planning
Roman MijnhartSr.Director Global Supply Chain Quality
During Transportation12:05 pm - 12:35 pm Temperature compliance and reduced supply chain cost - A partnership case study in transport and packaging Roland Schuetze - Director Marketing, Healthcare TNT
- Look at how partnership in transport and packaging leads to reduced temperature deviations and cost for IMP
- Hear the details of a case study run by TNT and a key client
Roland SchuetzeDirector Marketing, Healthcare
The final stages of transportation are just as risky as the early stages. Are you confident that your domestic and last mile distribution strategies are airtight? When do you start implementing lesson learned? Benchmark against industry leaders in this key stream.
Post-Transportation11:30 am - 12:00 pm Good Distribution Practices (GDP) Inspection Enforcements and Standards: The MHRA Perspective Terry Madigan - GDP Inspector MHRA
• Analyse the most common errors that MHRA inspectors encounter and develop strategies to avoid them
Terry MadiganGDP Inspector
Post-Transportation12:05 pm - 12:35 pm Getting The Most Out Of Strategic Partnerships Vally , Helgadottir - Department Manager - Customer Service Distica
Since 2010 Controlant has worked closely with Distica in developing supply chain solutions, from improving constant warehouse temperature monitoring and mapping, monitoring of both international and domestic shipments. In this exclusive case study, Distica and Controlant share the details of how they are working together to monitor their products in real time, from the moment they arrive in Iceland through to delivery to the end-user.
Vally , HelgadottirDepartment Manager - Customer Service
12:35 pm - 1:50 pm Networking Lunch
1:50 pm - 2:20 pm Supply Chain Security – Protecting the Security of Your ProductsTom Cochrane - Head of Security Operations MundiPharma
• How to ensure the security of your products in high risk areas of the world
• Examine the most common oversights that occur across the supply chain that create opportunities for counterfeiters.
• Examine low cost anti-counterfeiting strategies to protect products
• Look at examples of successful case studies.
Tom CochraneHead of Security Operations
2:25 pm - 2:55 pm The Interplay Between Serialisation and an Unbroken Cold ChainAndrew Stevens - Research Director – Supply Chain Gartner
• Discover how to leverage your traceability systems to create operational efficiencies for your cold chain
• Utilise serialisation structures to identify breakdowns in your cold chain
• Enable supply chain transparency & increased visibility between stakeholders
Andrew StevensResearch Director – Supply Chain
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm REGIONAL CASE STUDY: South Asia - Challenges in Pharmaceutical Temperature Controlled LogisticsMuhammad Azmat Khan - Manager Logistics & Export Getz Pharma
• Define the specific challenges in developing countries such as India & Pakistan
• Discover how the lessons learned operating in these regions will advance your global strategies
• Overcome challenges such as difficult infrastructure, challenging bureaucracies, searing-hot temperatures and limited transportation options
Muhammad Azmat KhanManager Logistics & Export
1:50 pm - 2:20 pm AIRFREIGHT FOCUS: A Day in the Life of a Pharma Cargo ShipperSteef van Amersfoort - Regional Logistics Manager EMEA AbbVie
• Hear a practical oversight of the main challenges, solutions and opportunities that a pharma cargo shipper experiences on a day-to-day basis
• Look at new, innovative and transparent solutions that allow for a close partnership with all transportation stakeholders
• Assess risk management solutions that limit risk of damage and reduce costs while reducing lead times and temperature excursions
Steef van AmersfoortRegional Logistics Manager EMEA
2:25 pm - 3:30 pm HANDS-ON WORKSHOP: Thermal Temperature Mapping, Risk Management and GDP CompliancerFrank Peeters - Managing Director Tobeas bvba
Begin this interactive hour with a short presentation from the workshop facilitator about new cutting-edge methods of thermal temperature mapping. Then, split into small groups and get stuck into hands-on exercises and discussions designed to dig deep into your most pressing challenges and leave you ready to implement new strategies around thermal mapping to increase temperature control.
• Examine how to apply GDP compliant risk management strategies to your logistics strategy
• Conduct thermal temperature mapping tests to ensure that all sections of your transportation route are covered
• Learn to qualify transportation methods to ensure correct transport conditions at all anticipated external temperature extremes
Frank PeetersManaging Director
1:50 pm - 2:20 pm Maintaining Temperature Control in the World’s Most Challenging SituationsMarco Gaudesi - Pharmacist - GDP and Cold Chain Referent Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Discover how to plan an end-to-end temperature controlled supply chain strategy with limited resources
- Devise an incredibly robust security strategy by understanding the security in the world’s most dangerous regions
- Develop emergency and contingency plans to address temperature excursions based utilising MSF’s ‘back to basics’ emergency response toolkit
Marco GaudesiPharmacist - GDP and Cold Chain Referent
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
2:25 pm - 2:55 pm 4PLs – How to Derive the Biggest Benefits from Your RelationshipSaddam Huq - Senior Manager Quality for Distribution & Cold Chain Management GSK
• Analyse the pros and cons of the 4PL model to determine if it’s right for your company
• Asses the various models available in the current market to select the best fit for you
• Examine the optimisation opportunities that can drive your supply chain efficiencies forward with the 4PL model
Saddam HuqSenior Manager Quality for Distribution & Cold Chain Management
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION GROUPS
Join the group that is tackling your most pressing challenge, and make the most of the insights and experiences of your fellow delegates as you deep-dive into the topic.
- Ambient/CRT Product Solutions: Discuss the Regulatory Landscape Across the Globe and its Effect on Your Distribution of CRT Products
- Patient Centric Supply – How Does it Work?
- Sustainability: Can we reuse containers to save money?
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestments: What are the challenges of merging logistics, distribution & quality departments?
- Maintaining the Right People Within the Project Team: How can we do this to improve consistency, stability and focus?
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm Networking Coffee Break
4:00 pm - 4:35 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: How Can a Serialised Supply Chain Improve Your Temperature Controlled Logistics?Julia Canicali - Serialisation Project Manager Novo Nordisk
Andrew Stevens - Research Director – Supply Chain Gartner
Simon White - Director, Supply Chain and Market Quality Operations Pfizer
• Look at how serialisation and traceability systems that you have to implement anyway can add enormous value to your entire supply chain
• Use new platforms to enable supply chain transparency & increased visibility between stakeholders
• How can we use track & trace solutions to ensure end-to-end visibility over increasingly complex supply chains?
Julia CanicaliSerialisation Project Manager
Andrew StevensResearch Director – Supply Chain
Simon WhiteDirector, Supply Chain and Market Quality Operations
4:35 pm - 5:05 pm Sea Freight – Prepare for Tomorrow’s Focus Day!Alan Kennedy - Collaboration Champion PartnerSave Ltd/TEAM-UP
Mark Edwards - Managing Director Modalis
Tomorrow’s expert speakers prepare you for the Sea Freight Focus Day with an overview of the most important factors to consider when switching to sea freight. Ask questions, and get yourself ready for tomorrow!
• Take part in a quick-fire Q&A with regulatory experts
• Hear the details of what you will learn tomorrow and make sure you’re prepared to make the most of the expertise on offer!
Alan KennedyCollaboration Champion
Mark EdwardsManaging Director
5:05 pm - 5:15 pm Chairman’s Reflection and Closing of Main Conference
5:15 pm - 5:55 pm Sea Freight Focus Day Drinks Reception
Utilise this opportunity to take part in candid conversations with pharma manufacturers, shipping lines, warehousing partners and freight forwarders to ask any questions you didn’t get a chance to ask during the day. Make the most of the chance to ask the day’s speakers for more insight ‘off the record’! And of course, have a well earned drink or two while you do it.