Conference Day 1
9:00 am - 9:35 am PERFECTING THE BASICS - Building a Temperature Controlled Supply Chain from the Ground UpÁrni Hrannar Haraldsson - SVP Business Development & Supply Chain Management Xantis Pharma
- Assess the criteria used to select the right partners and begin with a streamlined approach
- Perfect your end-to-end control - cold chains require a higher level of end-to-end control to maintain product integrity and need higher levels of integration between partners
- Re-assess your usual supply chain operations to incorporate the complexities of temperature control
Árni Hrannar HaraldssonSVP Business Development & Supply Chain Management
9:35 am - 10:10 am INTEGRITY & RISK MANAGEMENT - Supply Chain Integrity – Monitoring End-to-End Temperature ControlArnaud Lafontaine - Global Logistic Compliance Head GlaxoSmithKline
- Understand the root cause of temperature deviations
- Devise corrective and preventative actions (CAPAs) to mitigate future excursions
- Work effectively and transparently with partners to avoid liability issues and reluctance to share data
Arnaud LafontaineGlobal Logistic Compliance Head
10:10 am - 10:45 am RISK MANAGEMENT & DECISION MAKING: Performance Under PressureMajor Chris Hunter - Bomb Disposal Expert British Army
Decision making, team work, hitting targets under extreme pressure, resilience and the ability to think clearly through adversity are all part of being a first-class logistics professional. In this exclusive presentation, Major Chris Hunter shares his unique experiences in the high-pressure, high stakes world of bomb disposal, capitalising on his lessons learned in Iraq, Afghanistan and Colombia. With expert insights on risk management, teamwork and performance, the lessons you’ll learn this morning will inspire you to be a true temperature controlled logistics champion.
Major Chris HunterBomb Disposal Expert
10:45 am - 11:20 am Networking Coffee Break
11:20 am - 11:55 am EXECUTION AND COST OF SERVICE - Reducing Assets to Improve Financial ReturnsRob Coyle - SVP Pharma & Healthcare Strategy Kuehne + Nagel
- Analyse how costs are consumed throughout your supply chain so you can decide where cost reductions can me made
- Decide how you can improve space utilization, consolidate suppliers, move supplies faster, review customer demand patterns and streamline your ordering process to improve execution
- Enhance your inventory control and advance your customer service and quality
Rob CoyleSVP Pharma & Healthcare Strategy
Kuehne + Nagel
11:55 am - 12:30 pm QUALITY MANAGEMENT - Quality Management from a Centre of ExcellenceAmelia Marina Benci - Director, External Quality Assurance - Distribution & Logistics MSD
- Understand why MSD has established a Centre of Excellence dedicated to supporting the logistics team, and how it is improving quality management
- Decipher the best strategies for planning for transportation audits and look at the biggest concerns during an inspection from a quality perspective
- Decide how to conduct detailed qualification of your partners and routes
Amelia Marina BenciDirector, External Quality Assurance - Distribution & Logistics
12:30 pm - 1:05 pm PLANNING AND ANALYSIS - Supply Chain Planning and Data Analysis in Emerging MarketsMayank Batra - Associate Director Supply Chain Management Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Discover how Dr. Reddy’s are utilising data analytics to optimise their high-volume supply chain
- Discuss the unique challenges associated with operating in emerging markets
- Develop new cost-saving initiatives and integrate them into your supply chain planning
Mayank BatraAssociate Director Supply Chain Management
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
1:05 pm - 2:00 pm Networking Lunch Break
2:00 pm - 3:10 pm INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION GROUPS (IDGs) – TWO CHOICES
During this part of the summit, delegates will be sorted into groups of 15-20 to take part in interactive discussions around the topics below. Delegates will get the opportunity to select and pre-register for two topics and will rotate between each 30 minute IDG. Discussion groups are kept small to ensure all delegates get the opportunity to ask their most pressing questions, ensuring a perfectly tailored experience.
GDP on the Ground: What are the minimum requirements for GDP compliance? And what’s everyone else doing?
Internet of Things: How can we remotely monitor the condition of our products and ensure that temperature is maintained through the supply chain and in storage?
Import/Export: What can we do as an industry to address global customs challenges?
Real Time Temperature Monitoring: What are the best strategies and how is the industry advancing in terms of new technologies?
Packaging Selection and Validation: Selecting the right packaging for your temperature controlled products
Mean Kinetic Temperature: Debate the pros and cons and analyse the challenges and opportunities
BREXIT: What will the implications be for the transport of pharmaceutical products around Europe? What strategies should we be looking to implement to prepare?
Supplying the Middle East: What should your strategy for Middle East supply look like? What are the best strategies for local partnerships?
Last Mile Connectivity: Who is ultimately responsible for the last mile of distribution, and how can we better collaborate as a industry to increase visibility here?
Sustainability and Reverse Logistics: How can we Achieve Sustainability & Environmental Packaging Designs in Temperature Controlled Packaging? And how can green and reverse logistics operate as the tools for improving environmental sustainability?
Cell & Gene Therapy Logistics: When it comes to transporting extremely sensitive therapies like cell and gene, what strategies can we undertake to ensure safe transportation?
Risk Management Systems: Look at risk management in the temperature controlled supply chain,and the link between audits and risk management
Stream 13:10 pm - 3:40 pm SOUTH EAST ASIA - Supplying Big Markets with Big Challenges Irene Ragel - Director of Logistics Quality & Regional Quality Officer CSL Behring
- Why Eurocentric thinking won’t work in South East Asia
- Develop region and country specific strategies for distribution in South East Asia
- Drive down costs in your Asian distribution chain by assessing the different partners and modes of transport you should be using
Irene RagelDirector of Logistics Quality & Regional Quality Officer
Stream 23:10 pm - 3:40 pm COST REDUCTION - Using Technology & Outsourcing to Drive Cost Savings and Compliance Amy Shortman - Chief Executive Officer ASC Associates
Henry Moran - Chief Operating Officer ASC Associates
- Hear case studies on how pharma manufacturers are using new technology platforms to drive process improvement, reduce risk, losses and cost
- Determine how technology can enhance compliance through visibility
- Analyse when it’s beneficial to outsource and what activities
- Get proactive with risk management and realtime deviation management
Amy ShortmanChief Executive Officer
Henry MoranChief Operating Officer
Stream 33:10 pm - 3:40 pm AIR FREIGHT - Assessing and Validating Temp. Controlled Processes and Facilities inline With Global Standards, Guidelines and Regulations Francisco Rizzuto - Cargo Specialist Manager for Europe IATA (International Air Transport Association)
- Discuss how to improve the level of competency, operational and technical preparedness for temperature-sensitive air freight shipments
- Discover what the IATA CEIV Pharma certification program entails and how it can revolutionise your distribution strategy
- Understand how to approach the issue of the pharma cargo community collaboration and its present global status
Francisco RizzutoCargo Specialist Manager for Europe
IATA (International Air Transport Association)
3:40 pm - 4:15 pm Networking Coffee Break
Stream 14:15 pm - 4:45 pm INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT) - Leverage IoT Sensor Technology to Proactively Manage your Supply Chain Stefan Surpitski - Manager - SensiGuard Life Sciences Sensitech
- Learn how IoT technology is improving realtime supply chain visibility and how you can implement solutions to track, manage, and induce action – in real time – to mitigate the risks associated with supply chain disruptions during transit
- Review IoT sensor technology being used for supply chain management today, and have a look at where the technology is going in the future
- Understand how real-time sensor alerts can help address supply chain disruptions before they negatively impact customer service
- Discover post-shipment compliance reporting, and how to use data to improve supply chain operations and carrier performance
- Examine ways that IoT technology can be integrated into existing supply chain systems and processes
Stefan SurpitskiManager - SensiGuard Life Sciences
Stream 24:15 pm - 4:45 pm PACKING INNOVATION - Unique Combination of Air and Water to Guarantee Temperature Controlled Shipments Thomas De Bie - CEO CAPPI
- Discover why listening is such a valuable skill – hear how collaboration with the pharma industry led to a new pallet-in-pallet solution
- Capitalise on first-class engineering and benefit from great thermal performance with green materials
Thomas De BieCEO
Stream 34:15 pm - 4:45 pm SUPPLY CHAIN DIGITALISATION - More Confidence, Less Paper: Digitising Your Environmental Monitoring to Speed-up Decision Making and Avoid Lost Revenue Markus Haase - International Senior Market Manager Testo
- Determine how to optimise the monitoring of environmental parameters in production, storage and transportation
- Look at how to replace different systems in the same company with one single use system
- Analyse the benefits of having data from different sites available on short term note during an audit
- Gain total cold chain control by merging the monitoring from manufacturing over storage to transport
Markus HaaseInternational Senior Market Manager
4:50 pm - 5:20 pm EUROPE CASE STUDY - Allergan’s AGN Temperature Controlled Roll Out in FranceGerry Byrne - Distribution Operations Manager Allergan Pharmaceuticals
- Creating an active network in France where previously one didn’t exist
- Assessment of challenges and lessons learnt
- War stories – hear the bad experiences as well as the successes
Gerry ByrneDistribution Operations Manager
5:20 pm - 7:30 pm Networking Drinks Reception!
After 20 world class presentations, 10 in-depth round table discussions, and dozens of new contacts made, enjoy a drink and connect informally with your new network! You are in a room full of people who are passionate about Temperature Controlled Logistics…. How often does that happen? Enjoy some well earned drinks and canapés while making the most of this opportunity to get acquainted with the people who are going to continue to be the driving force behind the industries developments
7:30 pm - 10:00 pm The Temperature Controlled Logistics Gala Dinner 2019
To celebrate the end of a jam-packed day of thought-provoking case studies, provocative panel discussions, interactive round table dialogues and innovative technology spotlights, join us for a relaxed three-course dinner in Twickenham’s famous Spirit of Rugby room. What better space to reflect on the day’s learnings, and be inspired by the expertise and passion of the conference speakers, as well as your fellow delegates. Use this informal format to further the conversations you began during the day’s conference, get a chance to ask more questions of the day’s speakers, and prepare yourself for another day of incredible presentation ahead! But be careful, spaces are limited and the earlier you book the better your chance of a position!