Conference Day 1
8:00 am - 8:40 am Registration and Welcome Tea and Coffee
8:40 am - 8:50 am Welcome from Pharma IQ
8:50 am - 9:00 am Chairman’s Welcome
9:00 am - 9:30 am A Global Approach to Reducing Temperature ExcursionsRoman Mijnhart - Sr.Director Global Supply Chain Quality Genzyme Europe
• Identify plans on how to mitigate temperature excursions on a global scale
• Asses intercompany challenges and strategise on how to overcome them, and understand the unique challenges that mergers and acquisitions bring to a global company’s supply chain
• Achieve complete GDP compliance and inspection readiness by understanding the most common oversights and pitfalls across multiple sites
Roman MijnhartSr.Director Global Supply Chain Quality
9:30 am - 10:00 am CASE STUDY: Partnering for SuccessEleanor Edmonds - Global Head of End to End Logistics Partnership with GSK Kuehne + Nagel
Chris Cassidy - Global Head of End to End Logistics, Supply Chain GSK
- Hear the real life results of this successful partnership from both sides - GSK and K+N
- Improve rapid communication and knowledge sharing across your transportation network to improve the time and cost efficiencies of your logistics processes
- Develop and manage seamless relationships with global partners to gain confidence that your products are 100% secure wherever they are in the word
Eleanor EdmondsGlobal Head of End to End Logistics Partnership with GSK
Kuehne + Nagel
Chris CassidyGlobal Head of End to End Logistics, Supply Chain
10:00 am - 10:45 am TCL 2018 EXCLUSIVE: Doing it Better, Faster - Tackling the Challenges of Precision, Visibility, and PlanningMark Gallagher - CEO Performance Insights Ltd
Martin Elliott - Prof of Cardiothoracic Surgery UCL
When even minor variations can mean the difference between success and failure, life or death, precision, visibility and robust planning are paramount. In this TCL exclusive keynote, Mark Gallagher and Martin Elliott bring expertise from Formula 1 and global hospital cardiothoracic departments to prepare you for the coming days of learning.
With expert insights on planning and executing tasks with excellence, innovation, and perfection, the lessons you’ll learn this morning will inspire you to be a true temperature controlled logistics champion.
Performance Insights Ltd
Martin ElliottProf of Cardiothoracic Surgery
10:45 am - 11:20 am Networking Coffee Break
11:20 am - 11:50 am CASE STUDY: Centralisation of a Temperature Controlled European HubRobin Doppleb - Head Global Logistics & Distribution Vifor Pharma
• An overview of Vifor Pharma’s project to centralise their European product storage and distribution
• Examine the selection process criteria for 3rd party logistics providers to ensure they hold the relevant qualifications to handle your temperature sensitive products
• Ensure your cold chain is not broken with innovations such as a secure temperature controlled receiving dock
• Analyse the cost structure of logistics and look at ways to reduce expenditure
Robin DopplebHead Global Logistics & Distribution
11:50 am - 12:20 pm INNOVATION SPOTLIGHT: Woolcool - A Passive Solution to Temperature ExcursionsKeith Spilsbury - Strategic Director Wool Cool
- Discover this innovative company’s passive solution to temperature excursions
- Understand how the use of high performance wool fibre can provide economical and sustainable insulated packaging solutions
- Stay ahead of your competitors with exclusive insights into the credibility of natural materials to create technological advancements.
Keith SpilsburyStrategic Director
12:20 pm - 12:50 pm CASE STUDY: Differentiating Yourself to Achieve Customer Centricity Through End-to-End PlanningNurettin Ekizoglu - Head of Supply Chain Management Novartis
• Empower your supply chain through people and systems: Why invest in the right infrastructure and people?
• Achieve World Class Performance through “Reliable Execution” supported by “Credible Planning” with main pillars on process discipline, variation/processing time reduction and sustainability governance, including real life examples
• Analyse how to successfully work with your partners to stay ahead of shifting market trends
Nurettin EkizogluHead of Supply Chain Management
12:50 pm - 2:00 pm Networking Lunch
Before you can confidently ship your products, you need to have plans in place to ensure their secure and efficient transportation. This stream is designed to help you develop seamless transportation strategies for your temperature controlled products.
Pre & Early-Transportation2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Enabling End-to-End Supply Chain Planning, Visibility, and Decision Making through Standardisation and IT Integration Across Global Sites Henrik Fröjdh - Associate Director Supply Chain Management MSD
• Discuss the MSD vision for effective E2E supply chain planning
• Review the transformation initiative spanning global demand planning, global supply planning, and sales and operations planning (S&OP)
• Understand how MSD combatted change management issues and internal push back for moving to a new IT system and business processes
• Hear about the positive results that have come out of their transformation initiative
Henrik FröjdhAssociate Director Supply Chain Management
Pre & Early-Transportation2:35 pm - 3:10 pm Real-time Data Collection to Ensure Valuable Decision Making Within the Supply Chain Martin Meckesheimer - Director of Global Projects & Solutions Sensitech
This presentation will evaluate the collection of data in real-time, as well as best practices associated with its value for decision making at the shipment and at the strategic levels.
- Address problems at the shipment level before they escalate – know the what, where, when, and why
- Understand where to focus resources to increase carrier performance
- Improve performance and reduce costs by analyzing lane performance over time
- Never lose sight of a shipment brokered to a third-party
- Implement geo-fences, red zones, and driver tracking to ensure that SOPs are being followed
Martin MeckesheimerDirector of Global Projects & Solutions
Pre & Early-Transportation3:10 pm - 3:40 pm Mergers and Acquisitions – Effects on Your Temperature Controlled Logistics Strategy Chris Wallace - Senior Director, International Supply Chain Operations Genzyme Europe
• Limit the negative effects that merging supply chain, logistics, and quality departments can have on your temperature controlled supply chain
• Develop strategies to capitalise on new opportunities that arise from mergers and acquisitions
• Address challenges around new staff and teams with various backgrounds and skill sets
Chris WallaceSenior Director, International Supply Chain Operations
Challenges can arise at any point along the temperature controlled supply chain. Temperature excursions are avoidable – this stream will help you ensure your products are 100% protected!
During Transportation2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Update on IATA’s Pharma Handling Certification Program CEIV Francisco Rizzuto - Cargo Specialist & Manager for Europe IATA- International Air Transport Association
• Discuss how to improve the level of competency, operational and technical preparedness for temperature-sensitive air freight shipments
• Discover what the IATA CEIV Pharma certification program entails and how it can revolutionise your distribution strategy
• Understand how to approach the issue of the pharma cargo community collaboration and its present global status
Francisco RizzutoCargo Specialist & Manager for Europe
IATA- International Air Transport Association
During Transportation2:35 pm - 3:10 pm CASE STUDY: Real-Time Data Monitoring - Controlling and Monitoring an Unbroken Cold Chain Aymeric Brard - VP of Sales DataLong16
• Geoposition your cold shipments in real time and control their temperature, humidity and impacts
• Know the temperature and position of your cold vehicle fleet and assets (trailers, containers…)
• Control your cold environments smartly from any point in real time
Aymeric BrardVP of Sales
During Transportation3:10 pm - 3:40 pm Transporting Pharmaceutical Products by Sea – Introducing Project Poseidon Alan Kennedy - Collaboration Champion PartnerSave Ltd/TEAM-UP
Mark Edwards - Managing Director Modalis
- Discover the details of the first ever integrated end-to-end sea freight logistics service for pharmaceuticals
- Hear about the companies that are already involved and how they are participarting
- Learn about the multiple benefits of using sea freight to transport your products
Alan KennedyCollaboration Champion
Mark EdwardsManaging Director
The final stages of transportation are just as risky as the early stages. Are you confident that your domestic and last mile distribution strategies are airtight? When do you start implementing lesson learned? Benchmark against industry leaders in this key stream.
Post-Transportation2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Implementing Global Operation Centres (GOC) and Quality Management Systems (QMS) Amy Shortman - Chief Executive Officer ASC Associates
Henry Moran - Chief Operating Officer ASC Associates
• Gain insight into how airlines conduct temperature Mapping
• Examine the challenges implementing a global QMS and how organisation factor global regulations into their planning.
• Utilising a multi-user platform and the benefits of real-time visibility
Amy ShortmanChief Executive Officer
Henry MoranChief Operating Officer
Post-Transportation2:35 pm - 3:10 pm CASE STUDY: Phase Change Materials (PCM) – Impact in Efficiency and Productivity of Thermal Packaging Samit Jain - Managing Director Pluss Advanced Technologies
• Discover how PCMs can maintain temperature control for up to 150 hours
• Shift from paraffins and dry ice to environmentally friendly and economical inorganic PCMs
• Explore the benefits of patented ‘Form Stable PCM’
Samit JainManaging Director
Pluss Advanced Technologies
Post-Transportation3:10 pm - 3:45 pm Implementing Global Standards to Ensure End-to-End GDP Compliance Neil Piper - Solution Consultant GS1 UK
• Understand how GS1’s global standards can effectively operate as a GDP toolkit
• Hear real-life examples of how standards can be used to strengthen regulatory compliance
• Develop your own best-practice GDP compliance strategy
Neil PiperSolution Consultant
3:40 pm - 4:20 pm Networking Coffee Break
Pre and Early Transportation4:20 pm - 4:50 pm High Quality and Low Cost in the Pharmaceutical Cold-Chain Steve Brabbs - Global Technology Leader for Transport Protection DuPont
- Today’s cold-chain options for temperature sensitive medicines, and how they are chosen
- Some learning about tarmac excursions in air freight. Are we making the right choices?
- Hidden costs – are you paying more than you think?
- How can we do better? Help us to help you
Steve BrabbsGlobal Technology Leader for Transport Protection
During Transportation4:15 pm - 4:50 pm CASE STUDY: Validation of a Temperature Controlled Transportation Route Mark Riches - Logistics Functional Manager Porton Biopharma
• Hear the details of Porton Biopharma’s latest project transporting bulk manufactured vaccines from the UK to Switzerland
• Examine the transportation validation strategies used to assess the transportation route through Europe
• Strengthen your own temperature controlled logistics with insight into the methods employed for Porton’s high-value products
Mark RichesLogistics Functional Manager
Post-Transportation4:15 pm - 4:50 pm CASE STUDY: Temperature Control for Critical Products – a Clinical Trial Supply Perspective Guy Hoskens - Clinical Supply Chain Logistics Expert Janssen
• Examine packaging qualification strategies for critical shipments for air and road freight
• Build partner relationships with distribution vendors to ensure accurate temperature control
• Considerations for accurate temperature monitoring during transportation
Guy HoskensClinical Supply Chain Logistics Expert
4:55 pm - 5:35 pm ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS
Simply choose the roundtable topic of most interest to you and join the discussion! These sessions are open, informal and a great opportunity to really gauge what your peers are planning and to share ideas and lessons learned. You will walk away with tangible ideas on how to solve your biggest challenges.
Interpreting and Implementing GDP Guidelines
Packaging Selection and Validation: Selecting the right packaging for your temperature controlled products
Patient Centric Supply – How Does it Work?
Ambient/CRT Product Solutions: Discuss the Regulatory Landscape Across the Globe and its Effect on Your Decision Making
for the Distribution of CRT Products
Maintaining the Right People Within the Project Team: How can we do this to improve consistency, stability and focus?
Last Mile Connectivity: How can the industry collaborate to increase visibility in the last mile? What technology or processes are being used now to make this easier? Do we even need greater visibility?
End-to-End Supply Chain Visibility?
Real Time Temperature Monitoring: What are the best strategies?
Centralising a Temperature Controlled Products Storage and Distribution Hub: Follow on the themes and ideas raised in the
case study, and discuss strategies for your own requirements
Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestments: What are the challenges of merging logistics, distribution & quality departments?
5:45 pm - 7:00 pm Networking Drinks Reception
After 20 world class presentations, 10 in-depth round table discussions, and dozens of new contacts made, enjoy a drink and connect informally with your new network! You are in a room full of people who are passionate about Temperature Controlled Logistics…. How often does that happen? Enjoy some well earned drinks and canapés while making the most of this opportunity to get acquainted with the people who are going to continue to be the driving force behind the industry’s developments
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Introducing the Temperature Controlled Logistics Gala Dinner
To celebrate the end of a jam-packed day of thought-provoking case studies, provocative panel discussions, interactive round table dialogues and innovative technology spotlights, we invite all TCL delegates to join us for a relaxed three-course dinner in Twickenham’s famous Spirit of Rugby room.
Located in the prestigious west stand of the stadium, the Spirit of Rugby is truly a space for all occasions and has provided the backdrop for some incredible events since its refurbishment in 2014. What better space to reflect on the day’s learnings, and be inspired by the expertise and passion of the conference speakers, as well as your fellow delegates.
Use this informal format to further the conversations you began during the day’s conference, get a chance to ask more questions of the day’s speakers, and prepare yourself for another day of incredible presentation ahead!